February Induction Logistics
FRIDAY, February 2 - SUNDAY, february 4
Friday Afternoon, All Day Saturday, & Early Sunday Morning
- Location: Camp Hollywoodland (Los Angeles)
- Type: Overnight Retreat
- Time: Fri, Feb 2 @ 10am - Sun, Feb 4 @ 2pm
- Accommodations: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and housing will be provided all weekend. We will also schedule additional lodging & transportation for out-of-state corps members.
Who Should Attend:
- You are an Out-of-State corps member who needs to fingerprint in California. Please make all efforts to attend this Induction weekend.
- Out-of-State Corps members should plan to arrive on Thurs, Feb 1 in the afternoon/evening in order to fingerprint Friday morning. Return flights should be scheduled for Sun after 4pm or Mon morning. Flight logistics below.
- You are part of Fall or Winter Cohort.
DRESS CODE & MATERIALS:
- Dress throughout the weekend is comfy-casual. We recommend dressing in layers.
- Weather will likely be between 50-75 degrees.
- We'll be inside for the majority of our Induction experiences, however we will be outdoors occasionally. Please bring appropriate outdoor clothing.
- All other materials will be provided (notebooks, pens, paper, etc.).
- There will be moments of free time, so feel free to bring school work or LMU work if you'd like.
FAMILY & PARTNER HOUSING POLICY:
- If you will be bringing dependents to Induction, we will make every effort to provide you with a dependent care support housing option. Please note that the retreat schedule is from 8:00am – 9:00pm each night and some corps members often arrange alternate care for their dependents for the duration of our retreats. Given this, we encourage you to learn more about the options and make educated decisions that are best for you and your family. Review the attachment below for more information.
- If you are planning to bring a spouse/partner with you to Induction, we will attempt to meet your needs, however, there are several requirements & space is limited. Please note that Teach For America will not cover any costs related to having your spouse/partner staying at Induction. Review the attachment below for more information.
- Download Policy
Flight Logistics for Out-of-state corps members
- Airport: All flights should arrive and depart from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Avoid flying into other airports as we will be arranging pick-ups only from LAX.
- Arrival Time: Plan to arrive the Thursday afternoon/evening before your Induction weekend.
- Departure Time: Plan to depart on Sunday after 4pm or on Monday morning.
- Lodging: We will be booking hotels for Thursday evening with check in happening around 4pm. If you have a Monday morning flight, we will book a hotel for you on Sunday.
- Transportation: We will arrange transportation for you all weekend.
- Fingerprinting: You will be fingerprinting at 9am on Friday morning. You will be accompanied by a TFA LA staff member, but please review the Fingerprinting Instructions to ensure you know upfront costs and fingerprinting requirements.
If you will be requesting travel reimbursement, please review the Reimbursement Policy Tab and send all completed forms to email@example.com.