Session Date, Times & Location:
- March 12th, 8:50am - 1:30pm
- Locke High School (325 East 111th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061)
- Campus Map included at bottom of page
Parking & Transportation:
- Carpools, Motorcycles, & Handicap Placards (Includes new and expecting mothers)
- Main Parking Lot (access via San Pedro Street)
- Carpools are any cars with 2 or more occupants.
- Solo Drivers
- Street Parking
- Plea se make sure you enter the campus through the gate on San Pedro Street.
- Public Transportation
- Green Line – Exit Avalon and walk north on Avalon to 111th Street
- Busses – 48 (exit San Pedro/111), 121 (exit Imperial/San Pedro)
- Plan ample time to park and find your session locations.
- We suggest arriving at 8:20am.
School-friendly: Please dress comfortably (jeans are OK), but also be aware that we are holding sessions in an active school community, where students and staff may be working, so please dress accordingly.
- Coffee & Tea service will be provided by Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
- Bagels (with toasters!) light snacks will be available all morning.
- Lunch will not be provided.
- We will not be providing water bottles but will have water dispensers. Please bring your own water bottle to help reduce waste and our costs.
Things to Bring:
Pen, paper, fully charged laptop, and laptop charger.
All session materials will be archived in our Teach For America Los Angeles Box Account.
Schedules & SCHED App:
All schedules will be available on your SCHED account, which is accessible from PCs and Mobile Devices. We highly encourage all corps members to bookmark the mobile app on their phones (link). The app allows you to view your personal schedule, browse what's happening right now or search for what you want.
Username: LOCKE_STAFF Password: LOCK3$taff
Full Attendance Policy can be located in the Corps Member Handbook and online.
Located at the gate on Saint Street near San Pedro Street. On the map below, it is the yellow gate. All corps members must sign in and out at the Welcome Table.
We will be using the 9th Grade Academy (yellow rooms), Academy B (orange rooms), and Academy C (red rooms). We will not be in utilizing Academy A (blue rooms).
Green Dot Public Schools and the staff of Locke High School have been extremely gracious in allowing us to utilize their facility. We ask that all Teach For America staff, corps members and external presenters respect the staff, students and property of Locke High School.