Retreats are a hallmark of our corps programming, and we believe in investing time and resources into each of the three retreats our corps members participate in throughout their corps experience. Outside of payroll and facilities, retreats are the largest expense item for our region. To ensure we operate as excellent stewards of organization resources, we ask all corps members to adhere to our retreat reimbursement policy.
- Corps members who confirm participation in each retreat will be provided transportation, meals, and lodging.
- Corps members will be asked to confirm and sign a participation agreement at least 20 calendar days prior to the retreat.
- Corps members who confirm their retreat participation but do not attend the retreat will be responsible for reimbursing Teach For America Los Angeles the full cost of their retreat participation. The cost for the 15-16 school year is $120.00 per retreat.
- Corps members who confirm bus ridership but actually drive/carpool will be responsible for reimbursing Teach For America Los Angeles for each missed segment of the trip. The cost per segment for the 15-16 school year is $20, or $40 round trip.
- Corps members are exempt from reimbursement if they meet the requirements for an excused absence detailed in the 2015-2016 Attendance Policy.
- Absence status (excused or unexcused) is decided by the Director of Experience Design, and the Executive Director when necessary.
- Corps members who confirm they will not attend a retreat at least 20 calendar days prior to the actual retreat are exempt from any reimbursement charges.