Session Date, Times & Location:
- July 30th, 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Please note the 8:30am start time.
- Locke High School (325 East 111th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061)
Parking & Transportation:
- Carpools, Motorcycles, & Handicap Placards
- Main Parking Lot (access via San Pedro Street)
- Carpools are any cars with 2 or more occupants.
- Teach For America and Green Dot Public Schools are not responsible for damage/theft of vehicles that are parked in the Main Parking Lot.
- Solo Drivers
- Street Parking
- Please make sure you enter the campus through the gate on San Pedro Street.
- Teach For America and Green Dot Public Schools are not responsible for damage/theft of vehicles that are parked on the street.
- Public Transportation
- Green Line – Exit Avalon and walk north on Avalon to 111th Street
- Buses – 48 (exit San Pedro/111), 121 (exit Imperial/San Pedro)
- Ride Shares (Lyft, Uber, etc.)
- Please enter the schools address. You will need to walk to the San Pedro Gate to enter via Saint Street (see map below)
- Plan ample time to park and find your session locations.
- We suggest arriving at 8:00am.
School-friendly: Please dress comfortably (jeans are OK), but also be aware that we are holding sessions in an active school community, where students and staff may be working, so please dress accordingly.
- Coffee & Tea service will be provided by Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
- Bagels (with toasters!) light snacks will be available all morning.
- Lunch will be provided.
- We will not be providing water bottles but will have water dispensers. Please bring your own water bottle to help reduce waste and our costs.
Things to Bring:
Pen, paper, fully charged laptop, and laptop charger.
All session materials will be archived in our Teach For America Los Angeles Box Account.
Username: LOCKE_STAFF Password: LOCK3$taff
Full Attendance Policy can be located in the Corps Member Handbook and online.
All corps members will enter via the Yellow Gate on Saint Street. Access to this gate is available via San Pedro Street and the Main Parking Lot.
Located in front of Hobbs Hall. On the map above, it is in purple above the Purple Gate on 111th Street (this gate will not be open during the event). All corps members must sign in and out at the Welcome Table.
We will be using the 9th Grade Academy (yellow rooms), Academy B (orange rooms), and Academy C (red rooms). We will not be in utilizing Academy A (blue rooms).
Green Dot Public Schools and the staff of Locke High School have been extremely gracious in allowing us to utilize their facility. We ask that all Teach For America staff, corps members and external presenters respect the staff, students and property of Locke High School.