East College Prep will prepare each of its graduates to use their college degrees and careers to make a Positive Multigenerational Change. Located in Lincoln Heights, this free, public charter high school aims to deliver the best personalized college prep experience in the country to students on Los Angeles' Eastside. Each student experiences a personalized learning experience through technology and great teaching, an opportunity to deepen their sense of purpose through year-long projects, and a positive school community - all to ensure that each student is ready to go to, and graduate from, the best colleges in the country. Fundamental to our model is building a safe and welcoming school culture with high expectations, while fostering student autonomy. We are looking for staff members that are responsive to feedback and data, reflect constantly on their work and student outcomes, and not take themselves too seriously; in turn, staff can expect to grow their instructional practice and leadership capacity in a high-energy, collaborative environment.
The Assistant Principal will serve as a member of the school's leadership team, supporting the Principal in the development and implementation of the school's instructional vision.
Strong candidates will have excellent results as a classroom teacher, an unquestioned commitment to our school values of integrity, mastery, entrepreneurialism, teamwork, and joy, and a desire to make a positive multi-generational change. Admin credential not required.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve on the Administrative Team of East College Prep as a school leader, adviser, and thought partner to the Principal.
- Contribute to the development of East College Prep's strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the team.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures to maximize the academic achievement of all students.
- Provide on-going development of all instructional staff that promotes constant innovation to create the best personalized learning environment.
- Oversee, direct, and organize our internal and external assessment systems.
Wages & Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive and commensurate with experience; a competitive benefit package is included.