About Alliance College-Ready Public Schools
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey. Now is the time to join our collaborative community to make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
Why Join Alliance?
Join our team at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an inclusive and innovative organization deeply committed to preparing Los Angeles students for long-term success. We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences who are motivated to unleash our scholars’ potential. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions to achieve our goals in service of our scholars and families.
The Director of Compliance and Governance will be responsible for leading and implementing key compliance and governance initiatives to advance the Alliance's objectives. This position will report to the Vice President of Compliance and Governance, and the ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced project manager with strong communication and strategic thinking skills. Additionally, we want someone with a proven ability to navigate complex issues and drive strong performance results.
We expect our Director to be able to:
- Manage and lead key initiatives in close collaboration with the Vice President of Compliance and Governance; work closely with other leaders at Home Office and schools to strengthen compliance and governance across the organization.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the Vice President of Compliance and Governance regarding strategies and initiatives.
- Project plan and manage cross-functional initiatives, with focus on anticipating and developing strategies for overcoming roadblocks.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and potential solutions, including implementation of new systems and technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The strongest candidates will have/be able to:
- Belief in and alignment with Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy.
- Understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture.
- Proven track record of effective leadership and ability to navigate complex issues and drive strong performance results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Superior communications skills with an ability to articulate a clear and compelling vision and work with others to implement it.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective systems and processes at scale.
- Strong project management and data analysis skills with the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and deadlines, work across departments and functions, and translate strategies from plans to action.
- Fluency with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Google applications, and other business software (e.g., project management software).
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited, college/university.
- Master’s degree in public policy, business, or education leadership is preferred.
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance is committed to being a Best Place to Work, where employees find meaning and joy in their work every day, within a culture of collaboration, support, and excellence. Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.