About Paragon Academy
Paragon Academy is a new TK/Kinder – 8th grade charter school in Compton, CA. We open in August 2018 with TK/Kinder and 1st grade, growing one year until we are at capacity with 8th grade in 2025-26.
We balance structure and zest in an intentional culture designed to ensure all children are college and career ready from day one. We hold high expectations for ourselves as a staff and leadership team, as well as for our scholars. One of our core tenets is ‘College starts in Kindergarten,’ and we have an unequivocal belief that all students regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code, or socio-economic status deserve an excellent education. We also ‘Lead with Urgency,’ another core tenet. Time is a non-renewable resource. Our scholars have but a single year in each grade. They cannot afford for us to take our time or for change to come at an incremental pace. We seek instructional leaders and staff that believe the same.
Paragon Academy's Mission
Within a structured, ambitious, and supportive community, driven by academic excellence for all children, Paragon Academy of Compton educates students for academic success, college readiness, and a life of opportunity.
About the Role
The Manager of Operations is charged with managing the school operations including vendor and contractor relationship and facilities, as well as managing and maximizing the impact of the full Operations team. The Manager of Operations also assists with the technology needs of the building and classrooms. Our founding Manager of Operations is a critical member of our school leadership team and will work closely with the Executive Director and Office Manager to ensure a strong opening and first year that sets the foundation for our subsequent years.
- Manage and maintain daily schoolwide systems such as morning entry, breakfast, lunch, dismissal, etc.
- Research and select the most competitive and efficient outside vendors to support the school
- Establish, monitor, and maintain contracts with all outside vendors and contractor relationships
- Coordinate all necessary procurement transactions • Oversee and manage the nutrition program
- Ensure up-to-date financial statements and record keeping in compliance with our back-office provide
- Collaborate with back-office provider and Executive Director on weekly check-ins
- Ensure technology needs of classrooms and facilities are met, including infrastructure and machines
- Ensure school is consistently stocked with all necessary office, teacher, student, and classroom supplies
- Ensure facilities are clean, organized, and well maintained
- Handle all HR policies, procedures and paperwork; ensure compliance with all laws and regulations
- Maintain an organized, high detail-oriented account of all invoices, receipts and transactions
- Manage student and financial data for all reporting entities and requirements
- Support school in all recruitment and enrollment efforts, including lottery logistics, if necessary
- Support Office Manager/Family Liaison
- Manage federal programs, including the application, management and reporting on the use of public funds
- Manage facility operations, including technology services
- Establish, manage, and monitor systems and processes for the sourcing, procurement, utilization of supplies for school, including furniture, curriculum, technology, and food
- Manage projects, including all renovation and building maintenance
- Serve on school leadership team, working closely with instructional leaders to create staff schedules and employment contracts including benefits
- Engage in weekly coaching feedback sessions to improve practice
- Actively participate in regular Professional Development, including Summer Staff Development, weekly Grade Level Team Meetings, and ongoing Whole Team Professional Development
- Complete other tasks as directed by Executive Director and/or leadership team members
- Highly-organized and efficient; Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace multi-tasking multiple projects and facilities management
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team-orientated environment
- Has demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Able to problem solve and think creatively about establishing systems and structures for a new school
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a start-up environment
- Growth mindset and ability to accept and implement feedback
- Excellent communication skills with diverse constituents (teachers, families, students, board members); clear writer, facilitator, and public speaker
- Able to establish and implement operational and financial best practices at start-up school
- Knowledgeable in managing operational finances; able to manage the school budget and report out on school profit and loss to Executive Director and Board on daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Demonstrate emotional constancy, system and procedural consistency, and intentional calmness and positivity
- Consistently model Paragon Academy’s core values (We are Audacious, Brilliant, Curious, Determined. We have Zest, Integrity, Purpose.)
- Culture fit: Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-directed, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic, Reflective and responsive to feedback
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a school required
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a similar capacity in operations and finance with demonstrated track record of success is preferred
- Demonstrated results as a leader, with experience in and commitment to operational and financial excellence and the use of data and assessments to drive operational and financial decisions
- Technological proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, QuickBooks, and other financial management and HR software is preferred
- Contract procurement and management experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local educational programs, laws, and regulations is a plus • TB clearance
- Background check clearance
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
- Belief in and alignment with Paragon Academy’s mission, core tenets, and educational philosophy is required
Salary and Benefits
Paragon Academy offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and retirement benefits.