About Equitas Academy
The mission of Equitas Academy Charter Schools is to provide a structured, achievement-based community that prepares students to graduate from four-year colleges and universities. Equitas Academy was founded in 2009 as a network of free public schools for families who believe their children deserve a high-quality education and challenging school experience. We currently serve over 1,200 students in Kinder-8th grade in two elementary schools and two middle schools. Equitas Academy is based in the Pico-Union neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- High Expectations. Structured and disciplined classrooms, school-wide behavioral code of conduct, and school uniforms
- College Readiness. Extended school day and year, enrichment activities, and preparation to enter top-performing middle, high schools, and, ultimately, college
- A Family Partnership. Ongoing communication with parents about academic and behavioral progress, at-home visits by staff, and family workshops
- A Safe & Supportive School Community. We help our children make positive choices through our school values of curiosity, optimism, gratitude, grit, self-control, social intelligence, and zest.
To help us achieve our mission, we are seeking a Network School Operations Manager (NSOM).
The NSOM will support Equitas Academy and its schools meet its annual operation goals and serve the families in our community. The NSOM will be charged with managing network level operations projects, and ensuring all organizational bookkeeping records are managed and documented smoothly including: Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, and support school site operations teams. The NSOM will also have a vital role in ensuring a common Equitas model across all sites through assisting the director of Operations in conducting PD’s, onboarding new operation team members, and implementing systems.
The Network School Operations Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
- Supports the Director of Operations in network level operations projects, including: National school lunch program, data analysis and tracking, attendance and compliance reporting, facilities inspections
- Supports school based operations team for coverage on an as needed basis
- Supports network office operations
- Manages back office bookkeeping systems
- Prepares monthly invoices for meal and Expanded Learning payments
- Codes and enters invoice, purchase orderd, credit card and reimbursement information into online purchasing system
- Provides meaningful recommendations on annual updates to organizational fiscal policies and procedures.
- Manages vendor relationships for all payment processing systems (i.e. Freshbooks, AuthorizeNet Paycom, Spendbridge)
- Reviews vendor invoices and scans and stores documents
- Responds to school staff and vendor inquiries and requests for information.
- Works closely with Equitas back office support provider to audit and ensure fiscal policies are upheld and ensure Equitas is in strong fiscal standing with all vendors and third parties
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial data records management
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Familiarity with payment processing systems preferred
Commitment to Diversity
Equitas Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY