TULSA INSTITUTE ACTION ITEMS
Please note: all action items listed below are listed on the Tulsa Institute Hub (please review below).
1. (Required) Tulsa Institute Hub Now Live! <Review ASAP>
If you are attending Tulsa Institute, you now have access to the Tulsa Institute Hub. Please review the hub carefully ASAP so you are aware of action items and expectations headed into Institute. Pay careful attention to the Tulsa Institute Preparation Checklist within the Preparation Packet linked on the homepage, as it contains important action items. Having trouble accessing the Hub? Check out action item #3 below for tips on using your Google Apps ID.
2. (Required) Personal Information Form <Due 4/15>
Complete the Personal Information Form to pre-register for institute. This form will take 30 minutes to complete. You will need to use the password to complete the Personal Information Form (PIF). This password will be sent to you via email (ie: TFA1234567).
3. (Required) GOOGLE APPS ID
You will receive an email from Techsupport@teachforamerica.org with your new Google Apps ID/Gmail account (@tfacorps.org). This new email address will enable you to access a wide variety of resources later this year, including regional and institute information. Please make sure you have saved that email’s information and you are able to log in by taking the following steps:
1. Log in to www.teachforamerica.org and click on your name in the upper right corner to view your profile and find your Google Apps ID.
2. Navigate to “TFA Apps” in the upper right corner and choose the Google Apps for Education icon. You will be redirected to a new page where you can log in with your TFA Google Apps ID and the same password you use to log in to www.teachforamerica.org.
3. You can also sign in to your Teach For America Google account at www.google.com, using your Google Apps ID and the same password you use to access www.teachforamerica.org.
4. (Optional) Complete the Accommodations Request Form
Teach For America strives to offer reasonable accommodations for corps members with disabilities during institute. Please use the form linked below to let us know if you have a disability that will impact your housing, mobility, medically-dictated dietary needs (i.e., diabetes), engagement with instructional materials during institute, etc. Our Disabilities Accommodations Office and summer training staff will follow up with corps members who request an accommodation. Please note that you may need to complete and upload additional medical documentation after you submit your request.
In order to submit an accommodations request, we ask that you complete the Accommodations Request Form ASAP.
9. (Optional) CM Leave Request from Institute <Due 5/19>
Teach For America has an Institute Attendance Policy. If you plan to seek approval to miss any days during the 2017 Tulsa Institute, you will need to submit a national institute leave request. The Tulsa Institute runs from Sun, June 18th to Sat, July 22nd. Note that CMs have Saturdays or Sundays free from official programming, so those days do not need to be requested as leave. Completing this above form is a request, not a guarantee, and must be approved by the institute. The Tulsa Institute respond to all leave requests within two weeks of receipt. If you have not received a response within this window, and/or if you have questions about a previously submitted request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All leave requests must be submitted no later than Fri, May 19th. Any leave request(s) submitted or received after this date will need to be discussed with your School Director on site upon your arrival at institute.